2014-15 Annual Report
This is a summary of our 2014-15 Annual Report. You can download the full report, including financial statements, below.
In our 2012-2013 Annual Report, we laid out our strategic plan for 2013-2017 with the overall aim to ‘empower students to explore and live out the Christian faith’. We listed four specific aims:
- To increase students’ knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith.
- To provide inclusive, supportive communities for students to develop their faith and discipleship
- To enable students to collectively speak out to be a prophetic voice for change, and
- To increase students’ skills, motivation, and confidence to put their faith into action.
Over the 2014-15 year, we have:
- Continued to run the Faith in Action Project in partnership with Project Bonhoeffer.
- Carried out a total of 44 visits to SCM groups, with each group receiving at least one visit from a member of SCM staff.
- Organised successful events, including regional gatherings in Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester, and a national event in Sheffield.
- Produced three high quality issues of Movement magazine.
- Mobilised students to put their faith into action by taking part in the ‘Sourced’ campaign and attending marches and protests.
- Developed our online website content and increased the number of blogs, devotionals and news stories published.
- Continued to build an online community of SCM members and supporters using various social media outlets.
- Provided training for Chaplaincy Assistants and Student Workers, and SCM Group Leaders.
- Ran a series of events for Church leaders to support them in reaching out to students.
- Provided groups with resources and marketing materials.
- Published a resource for the Universal Day of Prayer for Students.
- Developed partnerships with other organisations such as Christian Aid and the Progressive Christianity Network.
- Commissioned a range of resources to help students grow in their faith, including bible studies and accessible theology resources.
- Provided opportunities for students to attend international student conferences organised by the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF), including the WSCF General Assembly in Bogota, Colombia.
- Launched a project to develop a hub for student work in the North West.
- Developed our strategy for our work with local groups and Churches