Leaving a Gift to SCM in Your Will
…Inspiring future leaders in church and society…
The Student Christian Movement (SCM) is a student-led community passionate about living out faith and working for social justice. Founded in 1889, it is the oldest student Christian organisation in Britain and one of the key architects in early student mission work and the wider ecumenical movement. Today, SCM is a vibrant and inclusive community that supports students at local groups in churches and universities with theological and social justice resources, leadership training, and regional and national events.
The impact made has been – and continues to be – huge. Members of SCM have helped strengthen Christian unity globally; they have stood up to apartheid South Africa and championed the role of women in the church; and they have discovered a Christian community at university that is thoughtful, vibrant and welcoming of all.
Now, more than ever, the world needs to see Christians who work for justice, build inclusive communities and become leaders of faith in church and society.
How You Can Help
Leaving a gift in your will could have a lasting impact on generations to come. With your support, we could see more students welcomed into these communities and become leaders of change in church and society, bringing with them a passion for diversity, inclusion and justice.
Your Support Would See:
- Hundreds of students trained, equipped and resourced for group leadership.
- Students from different denominations and backgrounds come together at events to explore theology, build community and put their faith into action.
- First year students welcomed into diverse student communities at university.
- Church workers trained and supported to engage students in the life of the church.
- Students prepared for leadership roles both in the church and the secular world.
To learn more about legacies and how to leave a gift in your will, please download our FAQ Guide.pdf
Get in Touch
If you do decide to leave a legacy to SCM, we would be grateful if you could let us know so we can offer a proper thank you. This also helps us better plan for future work. We would also like to hear from you about why you choose to support SCM in this way. By sharing your story, you could encourage others to consider making a pledge.